In the early 1900’s Christian believers got together for prayer and worship meetings in various rooms, stores, halls, and houses throughout the greater Moncton area. Some called these gatherings “cottage meetings.” They were led by both pastors and faithful Believers, characterized by prayer, inspiring music, and a genuine love for God’s Word. In 1936, R.P. Spurrell organized meetings in the Orange Hall until a church was built on High Street under the ministry of Reverend A. Langille. The congregation moved into that building in 1951 and it became their first official church home. S. D. Feltmate became Pastor of Glad Tidings Church in 1963 and under his direction the property on High Street was sold and a new church was built. The people moved into 1212 Mountain Road in November of that year. As the congregation grew, an addition was built on the back for more space—A. L. Ettinger was Pastor at that time.
In the 70’s and 80’s, the church continued meeting faithfully, preaching the Word of God and sharing the love of Jesus Christ with those who were lost. As the congregation continued to grow, an outreach to Shediac was started and it eventually evolved into a wonderful church that is still there today. In 1984, new land was purchased for expansion and, in 1986, 1212 Mountain Road was sold. A new church building was built at our current location under the pastorate of J. D. Mallory.
The official dedication of our new church at 2460 Mountain Road was held on June 7, 1987 with various representatives from the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada in attendance. Down through the years, Glad Tidings has been blessed with some wonderful pastors who have all contributed greatly to our rich heritage—Bud Williams, S.D. Feltmate, C. Benn, A. L. Ettinger, B. Fisher, D. Imler, J.D. Mallory, George Power, and Sterling Penney.
Today, our church is led by the ministry of Pastor Paul Pattison and his wife, Vennessa. They have been blessed to build upon the faithfulness of those who have led before and to witness God’s grace in the ongoing growth of the congregation and the development of our church ministries and facilities.